Do you have the next great awesome thing that everyone thinks is stupid? Good. You’re on the right track. And Biz Stone, co-founder of Twitter and The Obvious Corporation, has five powerful lessons for your plucky little startup:
1. Change is not a triumph of technology, it’s a triumph of humanity. (Give people a way to do good and they will.)
2. Opportunity can be manufactured. (Sometimes you need to make it happen rather than waiting around for it to happen.)
3. Creativity is a renewable resource. (Humans are blessed with an unlimited supply of creativity, so go nuts.)
4. To succeed spectacularly, be ready to fail spectacularly. (Get rid of that safety net.)
5. There’s compound interest in altruism. (When you help others, you help yourself.)
Now go have some ice cream.